We are sharing some activities to help distract our family members from the COVID-19 news. Add some fun and lighten the day. One challenge: be the first person to determine what the image inside the below words “Chalk the Walk.” Email your guess to Steve Orton or Frances Orton.
We are excited to announce a new contest “Chalk the Walk” to celebrate with art the “Go to the Grove” theme. We invite you individually or as a group to decorate your sidewalks and driveways with chalk art. These “Go to the Grove” activities are to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the First Vision in our efforts to have Joseph’s name known for good. This contest is open to the public, so ask your family, neighbors, and friends to participate. Please follow the guidelines and directives of physical distancing as instructed by community leaders. Here are the details:
- The contest is free and anyone that appreciates (or is interested in) the “Go to the Grove” activities can enter.
- Enter to win up to $50 in prize money. We currently have $50 and other small prizes which will be for one winner or divided by up to five winners.
- If you’re able, contact us about donating additional prize money.
- Share photos and comments of you creating your artwork. Add the # Go to the Grove 5K.
- Complete your chalk art project anytime between now and Saturday, April 25th
- Submit your entry by Noon, Mountain Standard Time, Monday, April 27th
- Winners will be announced on by Friday, April 30th.