Joseph Sr. and Lucy Mack Smith Scholarship Program
The Joseph Sr. and Lucy Mack Smith Family Association is offering annual scholarships to college, high school and Jr. high students who are planning to attend college or similar institute. Applicants do not need to be Smith Family descendants to enter.
How learning about Joseph Sr. and Lucy Mack Smith’s family’s values and sacrifices can help me and my family honor their legacy.
The scholarship program’s purpose is to help the youth learn about the great legacy and values demonstrated by the Smith Family, with the hope that this program will help to instill those values in our youth today. For this reason, all submissions will be in video format. You can also submit artwork, an essay or poem as your main submission, but they will also need a short explanation video (See instructions for more information).
Scholarship applicants should learn about the Smith Sr. Family and reflect what they learned in their Scholarship Submission. As the purpose is to engage today’s youth, the scholarship submissions should be geared towards other youth. Submissions should be fun and interesting. A major part of judging the submissions will be how many likes, shares, etc., each submission receives.
Scholarship Grand Prize: $1000
2nd Place: $500
3rd Place: $250
Jr. Scholarship Award $250
(available only to Jr. High students)
Application Deadline: July 1, 2018
Scholarship Awards will be announced August 4, 2018 at the Smith Sr. Family Reunion, Salt Lake City, UT.
Instructions for uploading videos and photos
- In a browser window, navigate to the following link on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/request/iRDRBUHCTYy0GnHkHUsx
- Click on the “Choose files” link.
- Point to the video file you would like to upload and click on the “Open” button.
- Enter your name and e-mail address and click on the “Upload” button.
- A progress window will appear. Please wait until the video has been uploaded.
- Close your browser window.