Thursday, August 4
Friday, August 5, 2016
Saturday, August 6. 2016
Cemetery 25th Anniversary Remembrance
Sunday, August 7, 2016read more
Make sure you attend the kickoff meeting on Thursday evening and the rest of the activities on Friday and Saturday. Press this link for: Online Reunion Agenda
Registration for the Nauvoo Reunion is still online. The cost is $35 per person. Go to: Joseph Smith Sr. and Lucy Mack Smith Family Reunion Registration.
Order T-shirts by July 18th. For questions about the shirts, contact Debbie Nelson or call her at 801-360-9929.read more
Reunion Pre-Registration and T-shirt Orders due July 18
Happy 241 Birthday to Lucy Mack Smith today!
(July 8, 1775 – May 14, 1856)
Make sure you attend the kickoff meeting on Thursday evening and the rest of the activities on Friday and Saturday. Press this link for: Tentative Reunion Agenda.
Name tags this year will be printed on July 20 and shipped with reunion supplies to Nauvoo. If you are unable to register before this date you might have to hand write your name with a sharpie on the reunion name-tag card stock. This is going to streamline the onsite registration process.
Registration for the Nauvoo Reunion is now online. The cost is $35 per person.
1. Go to the registration page.
2. Click the “Buy tickets / Join the Guestlist” button.
3. Enter the number in your group in the dropdown box “QUANTITY.”
4. Complete the form for you and those in your group. The person registering will be the main contact but will have to include your information again for the nametag section. Make sure to scroll down to enter each person you attending with you.
It Is Time to Register
Joseph Smith Sr. and Lucy Mack Smith Family Reunion
We are excited about this 25th Anniversary of the Smith Family Cemetery Dedication.
Registration for the August 4-7 Nauvoo Reunion is now open to everyone. The cost is $35 per person. Those on the train/bus tour have already paid their reunion fees. We now need those of you that are headed to the beautiful city of Nauvoo for the reunion to register. As a reminder – we keep costs as low as we can. The plan with the reunion is to not make money but not to lose money either. There are no administrative fees and there are no free entries. We are expecting a large group this year. Space may become limited and it is very important you register early. Here are the steps to register:
- Go to http://reunion.josephsmithsr.org/?page_id=459 .
- Click the “Buy tickets / Join the Guestlist” button.
- Enter the number in your group in the dropdown box “QUANTITY.”
- Complete the form for you and those in your group. The person registering will be the main contact but will have to include your information again for the nametag section. Make sure to scroll down to enter each person that is attending with you.
Please read more about Emma’s fond wish for the cemetery.read more
All Aboard– 25th Anniversary of the Smith Family Cemetery Dedication
We have filled all of our original reserved spots on the train, but we have secured a second contract with Amtrak. We are very excited about the number of reservations we have received. There’s still time to join us on the Train/Bus trip to Nauvoo. We will take reservations until it fills. We have only 14 more spots available.
Here are the dates for traveling by train for the family reunion:
Train seating is more spacious and more comfortable than airline seating. You will spend a night on the train each direction. Consider these tips for traveling in coach class on the train and these tips for first-time train-travelers.read more
- History and background of the Smith Family Cemetery by Lachlan Mackay, Karl Anderson, and Daniel Larsen.
- Placing headstone for Lewis Bidamon grave.
- Martyrdom – at Carthage Jail by Susan Easton Black Durrant.
- Family service project at cemetery.
- Family picnic between the cemetery and the Red Brick Store overlooking the beautiful Mississippi River.
The 2016 Reunion marks 25 years since the Smith Family Nauvoo Cemetery was improved, beautified, and dedicated. It also means that for the last 25 years, Smith family members have helped pay for cemetery maintenance and upkeep. What a blessing it is for us to care for this hallowed ground and honor our beloved ancestors. Each year many thousands visit our sacred family cemetery. Meet your Smith family cousins this year in Nauvoo for a wonderful reunion that includes socializing, presentations, historical insights, sightseeing, service projects, food, and fun!
Register online at www.JosephSmithSr.org/reunion/registrationread more